Each year the EKVC offers two male and two female athletes a $500 award.
The criteria for the award includes:
· Must have contributed significantly to the success of the EKVC. Preference will be given to an athlete that has been committed to the EKVC for at least 2 years.
· Preference will be given to first year student athletes (volleyball) attending the College of the Rockies as a full time student.
· If the criteria are not met, then any former EKVC athlete, in any year of eligibility, attending any post-secondary Institution as a full-time student athlete (volleyball) will be eligible. Athlete must be on the roster of the school team.
· Demonstrated qualities of sportsmanship, dedication, and hard work as an athlete in the EKVC.
· Preference will be given to those who show financial need.
· The award will be given in two equal installments. The first installment will be presented in the first semester and the second installment will be presented in the second semester, granted that the student-athlete meets academic and athletic eligibility requirements to continue in the second semester.
· Must maintain a C+ average in first semester courses in order to receive second installment of award.
Athletes should send a letter of application to the “EKVC Executive”.
The letter should provide a brief summary of your involvement in the East Kootenay Volleyball Club as well as provide any further information that may demonstrate the criteria listed above.
Email letters to email@example.com or mail letters to:
East Kootenay Volleyball Club
PO Box 431
Application deadline for the Scholarships: November 30