For more information please read the Policy Manual and the Constitution and Bylaws.
- The club and each of its teams will operate in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Unforeseen expenses may be covered by the club.
- Financial records and accounts are public to members of the EKVC and will be made available for viewing by any coach, player or parent.
- Financial records are kept in electronic form (spreadsheet or accounting program)
- Receipts will be provided to all those who make payment to the club.
- A player in arrears with the club (still owes money) will have that outstanding balance added to next years club fees.
- The EKVC will determine the most cost effective way to travel to tournaments. The club will make an effort to use a Charter bus for trips more than 7 hours in duration one way. When charter buses are used every effort will be made to include other teams on the bus in order to minimize costs.
- Parent drivers may be used for trips less than 7 hours in duration one way or when a charter bus in unavailable.
- Junior team players may be allowed to drive themselves to tournaments.
- A departure time will be established that minimally disrupts school commitments. Should travel be necessary during school hours it will be the players responsibility to inform parents and teachers and request homework for the school time missed.
- Every effort will be made to have one cell phone in each vehicle.
- Every effort will be made to arrive at least 2 hours prior to the first game.
- Hotels are sought that are clean, safe, inexpensive and close to the venue.
- Coaches will establish a curfew for the players each night in the hotel.
- Players are allowed to stay with friends/relatives as long as they make their own arrangements for affiving at the venue, have given the phone number of where they are staying to the coach, and have discussed and cleared this situation with the coach at least one week beforehand.
- Players will be respnsible for any damage they cause at the hotel.
- Players are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of practice to dress and help set up the facilities.
- Coaches will have a practice plan for each practice.
- Coaches will use the practice to meet and communicate to players about the teams upcoming tournaments and other events.
- Players and coaches will treat the practice facilities with respect and leave it in the condition they found it.
- Coaches will communicate with players at least 24hrs in advance if there are any changes in practice venue or schedule.
- Practices are designed to develop the volleyball skills of individuals and the team.
- Players and coaches will operate in a safe manner at all times.
- Coaches will not use insulting or disparaging comments towards individual players.